Book your flights to the 7th International Conference on Higher Education Marketing online at www.austrian.com and save 20 % on all applicable fares! To do so, simply enter the following code in the eVoucher/Gutschein field on the Austrian homepage booking-engine:Code: CHEM12
- Booking period: now until March 30th, 2012
- Valid for flights to Larnaca, via Vienna and return as of March 15th, 2012 until April 15th, 2012 (final date for return flight) on OS flight numbers.
Important note for travelers
Residents of non-EU countries who hold valid Schengen visas and who have already entered Schengen countries, as per the Schengen regulations, may now travel to Cyprus directly from that Schengen member country without applying for a National Cypriot visa and stay in the Republic of Cyprus for the duration of their Schengen visa.
Schengen zone (within red circle):
Please click this link for a list of countries whose citizens are required to have a visa to enter the Republic of Cyprus.
Where Visas are being issued:
Visas will be issued by all the Diplomatic Missions (Embassies and General Consulates) of the Republic of Cyprus, and by all the Honorary Consulates of the Republic of Cyprus abroad in their respective countries. Additionally visas can also be issued by the British High Commissions / Embassies in the following countries:
- ARGENTINE REPUBLIC, BAHREIN, HONG KONG, JAPAN, JORDAN, KAZAKHSTAN, KUWAIT, OMAN, SWITZERLAND, SUDAN, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES (ABU DHABI, DUBAI), UZBEKISTAN
Cyprus has two (2) airports:
- The Larnaca International Airport, which is located about 5km (3 miles) from Larnaca and 142 km (88 miles) from Paphos.
For more information, maps and flight schedules please visit the Cyprus Airports Official Website (Larnaca)
- The Paphos International Airport, which is located about 15km (9 miles) from Paphos and 142 km (88 miles) from Larnaca.
For more information, maps and flight schedules please visit the Cyprus Airports Official Website (Paphos)
Click here to view location map
Please note that participants have the following options for their transfers from /to the airport:
Private taxi Transfers
Arrange for transfers by taxi through the conference coordinator, EasyConferences. These transfers are bookable online through www.easyconferences.org . These transfers can be private (max 3 persons) or shared, are inclusive of meet and assist, and the service is quaranteed.
Get an airport taxi on arrival to the airport. Service is quite good, but at times one may have to wait and prices may vary depending on the time of arrival.
Participants may opt to hire a car during their stay, and thus use it for their airport transfers. Cars may be reserved through the conference coordinator, EasyConferences at special conference rates and are bookable online through www.easyconferences.org.
Cyprus By Bus provides information about buses, bus routes and bus time tables in Cyprus.
Please click here for more information.
- The voltage on the island is 240 Socket outlets are of flat 3 pin-type.
- English is the second language and is widely spoken. A greater Knowledge of French and German is increasingly noticeable.
- The currency of the Republic is Euro
- Banks in Cyprus open for the, public from 08:30 to 12:30 midday. Certain banks in tourist areas open during the afternoon
- All types of medication are available in well stocked pharmacies all over Cyprus.
- Telephone : Cyprus automatic telephone dialing system reaches 206 countries. Telecards can be purchased from Post Offices, kiosks and souvenir shops.
- There are two international airports in Cyprus, at Larnaca and Pafos.
- The two main ports are in Lemesos and Larnaca.
- Around 30 airlines connect Cyprus directly with most European and Middle-East countries, which provide ongoing services to anywhere in the world.
- As from May 2004 Cyprus is a full member of the European Community.