Call for Application and Case Study Track Papers
5th International Conference on Web Intelligence, Mining and Semantics
July 13-14, 2015 – Larnaca, Cyprus
The World Wide Web has revolutionized the way we gather, process, and use information. It has also re-defined the semantics and processes of businesses and other aspects of our daily life. WIMS`15 is focused on intelligent approaches to transforming the Web into a global reasoning and semantics-driven computing machine.
The goal of this track is to provide opportunities for researchers, innovators, industry leaders, and practitioners to present and exchange ideas, results, and experiences in the applications of Web Intelligence, Mining, and Semantics (WIMS).
The Application & Case Studies Track invites submissions describing implementations of Web Intelligence, Mining, and Semantics in industrial or government or other ‘real world’ settings. Papers must include descriptions of how the applications have been conceived, developed, and (probably) deployed.
1. Case Studies
2. Application papers
1. Case Studies
The papers in this category describe case studies of deployed applications, lessons learnt, and examples of measurable benefits.
- Case studies of deployed applications, including lessons learnt and examples of measurable benefits
- Reports of successful technology transfer to new problem domains, and lessons learnt
Page Limit: 12 ACM pages
The papers in this category include:
- Reports of innovative applications of WIMS in areas of industry and government
- Reports of industrial experience and demonstrations of innovative systems
- Emerging application papers bridging the gap between basic WIMS research and deployed applications
- Challenge problem papers describing challenges to applying Web intelligence, mining, and semantics to real-world problems, in terms of applying existing WIMS technologies to new tasks, or new technologies needed for new tasks
Paper Limit: 6 ACM pages
Submission Procedure – via EasyChair
The papers must be written in English and formatted according to the ACM guidelines. Author instructions and style files can be downloaded at:
Submissions should be made electronically in PDF or DOC/DOCX (MS/Open Word) format via the electronic submission system of the WIMS`15 Conference Management system at:
After logging into EasyChair WIMS`15 Applications & Case Studies Track has to be chosen to submit a paper in response to this call.
All accepted papers/posters will be published in the conference proceedings. At least one author of any accepted article (paper, poster, abstract) is required to register at the full registration rate.
- Full Paper Submission Deadline (Extended): April 7, 2015
- Notification of Acceptance:
April 27, 2015June 20, 2015
- Camera-Ready Submission:
May 11, 2015June 24, 2015
WIMS15 Application and Case Study Track Chair: John Davies, BT Research & Innovation, United Kingdom
WIMS Conferences Chair: Rajendra Akerkar, Western Norway Research Institute, Norway
WIMS15 General Chair: Marios Dikaiakos, University of Cyprus, Cyprus
WIMS15 Program Committee Co-Chairs:
Achilleas Achilleos, University of Cyprus, Cyprus
Tope Omitola, University of Southampton, United Kingdom
Local Organization Chair: George A. Papadopoulos, University of Cyprus, Cyprus
WIMS15 Publicity Chair: Christos Mettouris, University of Cyprus, Cyprus
WIMS15 Web Chair: Kyriakos Georgiadis, EasyConferences LTD, Cyprus