Instructions for Authors
Instructions for the submission of full papers for the conference proceedings
Authors who were accepted to present at the RISE IMET 2020 also have the opportunity to submit a full paper and be considered for publication in the conference proceedings.
It is planned to publish the proceedings with Springer in their Communications in Computer and Information Science series (final approval pending).
All submitted full papers will undergo a blind peer-review process.
In order for your paper to be considered for publication, you will need to submit your full paper by the 6th of July 2020 through our online system https://www.easyacademia.org/riseimet2020
Please use the Springer template provided here for the formatting of your paper. Please also consult the provided instructions on how to use the template before preparing your paper. A separate template is available for users of Microsoft Word for Mac 2016.
All full papers should be submitted as word files.
Full papers should be a maximum of 6000 words including bibliography.
The template ZIP archive contains 3 files; Technical Instructions, a Word 2010+ for Windows template, and a Word 2010-2016 template for Mac versions of Microsoft Office.
Instructions for the formatting of accepted posters for the RISE IMET 2020
Please use the provided template for the preparation of your poster. The size of the poster should be A1 and posters should be prepared as portrait (not landscape). You are free to decide what sections to include in your poster. Further below we provide some recommendations on the formatting and potential sections that you could include in the poster.
Kindly note that all posters should be submitted to our system by the 22nd of May 2020.
Since the conference venue does not have printing facilities, please print out your poster and bring it with you at the conference venue. Alternatively, we can print the poster for you and have it ready at the conference venue at an additional cost. In order to do this please select the appropriate box during your registration and please upload your poster by the 22nd of May 2020.
Instructions for Poster Presentations
Note: Recommended size is A1. Posters must be prepared as portrait, not landscape.
Format of Your Poster
- We recommend a size of 850 mm high and 600 mm wide (A1 size).
- The font size of the title should be at least 50 points, bold face.
- The font size of the section headers should be at least 24 points, bold face.
- The font size of the body of the poster (abstract, introduction, objectives, methods, results and conclusions) should be between 18 and 22 points.
Content of Your Poster
- Focus your poster and your brief presentation on the following elements of your study: (1) Background – why?; (2) Methods – how?; (3) Results and (4) Conclusions
- We recommend that you prepare the text of your poster as short sentences and paragraphs or even as bullet points and break up the text as much as possible with visual aids such as graphs, diagrams, tables, charts, or figures as appropriate. This will make your poster more attractive and easier to read.
- Make sure that your title, author(s) and affiliated institution(s) are clearly visible at the top of your poster.
Instructions for the design of accepted workshops for the RISE IMET 2020
Each workshop will have a duration of 1,5 hours. In case more time is required please contact the organisers at firstname.lastname@example.org
We advise all workshop convenors to design workshops that are interactive, hands-on and provide participants with opportunities for active involvement.
Please avoid making very lengthy presentations and leave plenty of time for interaction with the workshop participants.