Reminder: You should apply for a visa in good time, in case of any delays during processing.
- If you require a visa invitation or accommodation confirmation letter, please email us at email@example.com.
- Please note: To receive a visa invitation letter (for visa application purposes), you must have already paid for your conference registration. Please keep in mind that you may also need a supplementary confirmation of accommodation letter (accommodation must be paid for) to include with your visa application, produced by the hotel of your choice. If you are staying in accommodation arranged by the conference, contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org instead of the hotel, thank you.
1. SPONSORING AIRLINES
Book your flights to the “SMAP 2019” online at www.austrian.com and save 15% on all applicable fares!
To do so, simply enter the following code in the
- Booking period: now until July 18th, 2018
- Valid for flights to Larnaca via Vienna and return as of July 09th, 2018 until July 25th, 2018 (final date for return flight) on scheduled flights operated by Austrian Airlines
- Book your flights here!
- The Larnaca International Airport is located about 3km (1.8 miles) from Larnaca, 67km (42 miles) from Limassol and 142 km (88 miles) from Paphos.
- The Paphos International Airport is located about 15km (9 miles) from Paphos, 142 km (88 miles) from Larnaca and about 60km (37 miles) from Limassol.
3. AIRPORTS TRANSFERS
Please note that participants have the following options for their transfers from /to the airport:
Private Taxi Transfers
Arrange for transfers by taxi through the conference coordinator, EasyConferences. These transfers are bookable online through www.easyconferences.org. These transfers can be private (max 3 persons) or shared, are inclusive of meet and assist, and the service is guaranteed.
Note: There will be a person waiting for you after Customs Formalities with a sign stating the conference name. You simply need to tell your name to the taxi driver, so that he can escort you to your taxi for
Participants may get an airport taxi on arrival at the airport. Service is generally very good, but at times one may have to wait and prices may vary depending on the time of arrival.
Participants may opt to hire a car during their stay, and thus use it for their airport transfers. Cars may be reserved through the conference coordinator, EasyConferences at special conference rates and are bookable online through www.easyconferences.org.
Note: On arrival please proceed to the booth of ‘Astra Car Rental’ company and the staff there (present 24/7) will be able to assist you. You do not need a voucher. Simply mention your name and provide them with your driving license.
The booth of ‘Astra Car Rental’ Company is located at:
- Larnaca Airport: after the exit Custom Formalities, opposite you, slightly to the left.
- Paphos Airport: opposite you as soon as you exit Custom Formalities.
Please note that the Car Hire Daily Rates are valid for 24 hours. Each daily rental period starts from the moment that the car is picked up and is valid for 24 hours after that. In case that a car is kept for a period exceeding 24 hours then the renter will be charged for an additional day.
Cars picked up from either Larnaca or Paphos airports in Cyprus are subject to an Airport Charge of 20 Euro to be paid locally.
4. PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION
Larnaca Airport to Larnaca
Use the Larnaca public bus Route 425 (view the map and the route) which passes by Lordos Beach Hotel-Venue and all the other accommodation hotels. Alternatively, you can use one of the public bus route 417/418/419 to get to Larnaca City Centre (Central Bus Station) and
Paphos Airport to Larnaca
Step 1: Once you arrive at Paphos Airport, you can use the public bus route 613 to reach Pervola-Karavela Station. Please visit ‘OSYPA Buses’ website at www.pafosbuses.com to find map and timetable.
Step 2: From New Limassol Port Station take the Public Bus Company ‘Intercity Buses’: www.intercity-buses.com to get to Larnaca (Finikoudes Bus Stop).
Step 3: Afterwards, use Larnaca public ‘Zinonas buses to reach the hotel of your preference. Please visit their webpage at www.zinonasbuses.com for routes and timetables.
5. VISA REQUIREMENTS
Important note for travelers
As Cyprus is a candidate country bound to join the Schengen Area, Residents of non-EU countries who hold valid multiple-entry Schengen visas must first pass through a full Schengen member territory in order to utilize the visa in Cyprus. The Schengen Visa holder is allowed to travel to Cyprus directly from a Schengen member country without applying for a National Cypriot visa and stay in the Republic of Cyprus for the duration of their Schengen visa.
The above arrangements do not apply
For further information, please check the European Commission website regarding Schengen Visas.
Where Visas are being issued
Visas will be issued by all the Diplomatic Missions (Embassies and General Consulates) of the Republic of Cyprus, and by all the Honorary Consulates of the Republic of Cyprus abroad in their respective countries.
ARGENTINE REPUBLIC, BAHREIN, HONG KONG, JAPAN, JORDAN, KAZAKHSTAN,
For the latest information please visit the Ministry of Foreign Affairs website.
6. GENERAL INFORMATION
- The voltage on the island is 240 Socket outlets are of flat 3 pin-type.
- English is the second language and is widely spoken. A greater Knowledge of French and German is increasingly noticeable.
- The currency of the Republic is the Euro.
- Banks in Cyprus open for the, public from 08:30 to 13:30 midday. Certain banks in tourist areas open during the afternoon.
- All types of medication are available in well stocked pharmacies all over Cyprus.
- Telephone: Cyprus automatic telephone dialing system reaches 206 countries. Telecards can be purchased from Post Offices, kiosks and souvenir shops.
- There are two international airports in Cyprus, at Larnaca and Pafos.
- The two main ports are in Lemesos and Larnaca.
- Around 30 airlines connect Cyprus directly with most European and Middle-East countries, which provide ongoing services to anywhere in the world.
- As from May 2004 Cyprus is a full member of the European Community.
|From||To||Distance in km/miles||Distance in minutes|
|Larnaca Airport (LCA)||Nicosia City||52 km (32.4mi)||35 min|
|Limassol City||67 km (41.7mi)||45 min|
|Larnaca City||6.5 km (4mi)||10 min|
|Paphos City||133 km (82.5mi)||1h 20min|
|Protaras Town||67 km (41.9mi)||45 min|
|Agia Napa Town||58 km (36.1mi)||40 min|
|Coral Bay Area||142km (88.1mi)||1h 35min|
|Troodos Square||110km (68.6mi)||1h 25min|
|Paphos Airport (PFO)||Nicosia City||145 km (90.3mi)||1h 40 min|
|Limassol City||62 km (38.7mi)||45 min|
|Larnaca City||131 km (81.7mi)||1h 30min|
|Paphos City||10 km (6 mi)||20 min|
|Protaras Town||182 km (113.5mi)||2h|
|Agia Napa Town||173 km (139 mi)||1h 50min|
|Coral Bay Area||24 km (14.6 mi)||30 min|
|Troodos Square||61 km (37.4 mi)||1h 15min|