The 6th Information Retrieval Facility and 2nd Open Interdisciplinary MUMIA Conference 2013 provides once again a multidisciplinary scientific forum for researchers in Information Retrieval and related areas. The conference aims at bringing young researchers into contact with the industry at an early stage, emphasizing the applicability of IR solutions to real industry cases and the respective challenges.
This year the conference will be held on the 7th - 9th October 2013 in Limassol, Cyprus and is hosted by the Cyprus Interaction Lab, Department of Multimedia and Graphic Arts, Cyprus University of Technology and the Cost action MUMIA.
The Conference addresses 3 complementary research areas:
- Information Retrieval
- Machine Translation for search solutions
- Interactive Information Access
The Conference targets researchers who are interested in:
- Learning about complementary technologies for the development of next generation search solutions
- Applying their results to real business needs
- Joining the international research network of the MUMIA Cost Action
- Discussing results obtained by using the IRF or other public data resources