Call for Papers
Conference: October 7-9 2013, Limassol, Cyprus
Organised by the Cyprus University of Technology and the MUMIA Cost Action
THE IRF CONFERENCE
The 6th Information Retrieval Facility and 2nd Open Interdisciplinary MUMIA Conference 2013 provides once again a multidisciplinary scientific forum for researchers in Information Retrieval and related areas. The conference aims at bringing young researchers into contact with the industry at an early stage, emphasizing the applicability of IR solutions to real industry cases and the respective challenges.
The Conference addresses 3 complementary research areas:
- Information Retrieval
- Machine Translation for search solutions
- Interactive Information Access
The Conference targets researchers who are interested in:
- Learning about complementary technologies for the development of next generation search solutions
- Applying their results to real business needs
- Joining the international research network of the MUMIA Cost Action
- Discussing results obtained by using the IRF or other public data resources
All papers will undergo a review process with each paper being reviewed by at least three members of the programme committee.
The proceedings will be published by Springer in the LNCS series.
All paper submissions must be written in English following the LNCS author guidelines and must be anonymized. We welcome two different types of submissions (Science, Industry).
For researchers and students in the fields of Information Retrieval, Machine Translation for Search Solutions and Interactive Information Access.
Papers submitted must refer to novel, unpublished research. Full papers must not exceed 12 pages including references and figures.
For developers and implementers of novel technology in the fields of Information Retrieval, Machine Translation for Search Solutions and Interactive Information Access. For business and industry representatives using IR technologies to search and analyse large quantities of information. Papers of this type should not exceed 4 pages including references and figures.
Competitive Demonstrations - in cooperation with the Session Track at TREC
Research groups and industry members are invited to demonstrate their information access tools. In previous years, the PatOlympics have proven an exciting interaction driver between users and creators of patent search systems. This year, the competitive demo opens to general purpose IR tools and interested participants are invited to submit a 2 page description of their system.
Similarly to the Session Track, participants are required to index the same collection as the Session Track 2013 (ClueWeb12). An API will be provided for participants to send in their results during the event, and scores will be calculated on the fly.
We are very happy to be able to welcome Ralf Steinberger of the Joint Research Centre (JRC) of the European Commission as a keynote speaker of IRFC2013. Dr. Steinberger will talk about Multilingual and cross-lingual news analysis in the Europe Media Monitor (EMM).
- John Tait (JohnTait.net Ltd)
- Evangelos Kanoulas (Google)
- Mihai Lupu (Vienna University of Technology)
- Fernando Loizides (Cyprus University of Technology)
- Bruce Croft, University of Massachusetts Amherst
- Ivan Koichev, Faculty of Mathematics and Informatics, University of Sofia "St. Kliment Ohridski"
- Pablo Castells, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid
- Hidetsugu Nanba, Hiroshima City University
- Walid Magdy, Qatar Computing Research Institute
- David Lamas, Tallinn University
- Michail Salampasis, Vienna University of Technology
- Yannis Tzitzikas, University of Crete and FORTH-ICS
- Gregory Grefenstette, Exalead
- Henning Müller, HES-SO
- David Vallet, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid
- Allan Hanbury, Vienna University of Technology
- Ivan Chorbev, Faculty of Computer Science and Engineering
- Andreas Rauber, Vienna University of Technology
- Dolf Trieschnigg, University of Twente
- Oren Somekh, Yahoo! Labs
- Wilfried Gansterer, University of Vienna
- Suzan Verberne, Institute for Computing and Information Sciences, Radboud University Nijmegen
- Danco Davcev, UKIM Skopje
- Pavel Braslavski, Ural Federal University / Kontur Labs
- Andreas Nuernberger, University of Magdeburg
- Igor Mozetic, Jozef Stefan Institute
- Paul Buitelaar, DERI - National University of Ireland, Galway
- Galia Angelova, Institute for Parallel Processing, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences
- Tony Russell-Rose, UXLabs
- Christina Lioma, University of Copenhagen
- Udo Kruschwitz, University of Essex
- Arjen de Vries, CWI
- Edgar Meij, University of Amsterdam
- Katja Hofmann, ISLA, University of Amsterdam
- Manos Tsagkias, ISLA, University of Amsterdam
- Ronan Cummins, University of Greenwich
- Robert Villa, University of Sheffield
- Avi Arampatzis, Democritus University of Thrace
- Sebastien Ferre, Universite de Rennes 1
TOPICS TO BE ADDRESSED
We seek papers on novel, unpublished research in one or more topics mentioned below:
- IR Models
- IR Evaluation
- User Modeling, Personalization and Interactive IR
- Machine Learning, Categorization, and Clustering for IR
- Cross-Language IR
- Visualization of Search Results
- Semantic Annotation
- Information Extraction and Summarization
- Named Entity Recognition
- Machine Translation
- Question Answering
- Patent Analytics
- Scientific Paper Search
- Biomedical Information Search
- Enterprise Search
- Web Search
- Human Factors in IR
- Deadline for paper submission:
31st May, 201314th June 2013
- Acceptance decision and reviews to authors: July 7, 2013
- Deadline for submission of final paper: July 22, 2013
- Speaker registration: July 22, 2013
- Early registration deadline: August 23, 2013
- IRF Conference: Oct 7-9, 2013
IRFC 2013 is organised by the Cyprus University of Technology and the MUMIA Cost Action.