Book your flights to the 6th Information Retrieval & Facility and 2nd Open Interdisciplinary MUMIA Conference online at www.austrian.com and save 15 % on all applicable fares! To do so, simply enter the following code in the eVoucher field on the Austrian homepage booking-engine:Code: IRF13
Important note for travelers
Residents of non-EU countries who hold valid Schengen visas and who have already entered Schengen countries, as per the Schengen regulations, may now travel to Cyprus directly from that Schengen member country without applying for a National Cypriot visa and stay in the Republic of Cyprus for the duration of their Schengen visa.
Schengen zone (within red circle):
Please click this link for a list of countries whose citizens are required to have a visa to enter the Republic of Cyprus.
Where Visas are being issued:
Visas will be issued by all the Diplomatic Missions (Embassies and General Consulates) of the Republic of Cyprus, and by all the Honorary Consulates of the Republic of Cyprus abroad in their respective countries. Additionally visas can also be issued by the British High Commissions / Embassies in the following countries:
- ARGENTINE REPUBLIC, BAHREIN, HONG KONG, JAPAN, JORDAN, KAZAKHSTAN, KUWAIT, OMAN, SWITZERLAND, SUDAN, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES (ABU DHABI, DUBAI), UZBEKISTAN
Cyprus has two (2) airports:
- The Larnaca International Airport, which is located about 5km (3 miles) from Larnaca and 142 km (88 miles) from Paphos.
For more information, maps and flight schedules please visit the Cyprus Airports Official Website (Larnaca)
- The Paphos International Airport, which is located about 15km (9 miles) from Paphos and 142 km (88 miles) from Larnaca.
For more information, maps and flight schedules please visit the Cyprus Airports Official Website (Paphos)
Click here to view the Location Map
Please note that participants have the following options for their transfers from /to the airport:
Private taxi Transfers
Arrange for transfers by taxi through the conference coordinator, EasyConferences. These transfers are bookable online through www.easyconferences.org . These transfers can be private (max 3 persons) or shared, are inclusive of meet and assist, and the service is quaranteed.
Get an airport taxi on arrival to the airport. Service is quite good, but at times one may have to wait and prices may vary depending on the time of arrival.
Participants may opt to hire a car during their stay, and thus use it for their airport transfers. Cars may be reserved through the conference coordinator, EasyConferences at special conference rates and are bookable online through www.easyconferences.org.
A list of all buses around Cyprus including night buses, rural buses and intercity buses can be found on "Cyprus by Bus" website at www.cyprusbybus.com. The buses are separated by city while route details, timetables and maps are available for each route.
Please visit the official website of "EMEL Buses" www.limassolbuses.com to view all routes within Limassol centre and suburbs.
For ease of reference, bus route 30 passes close by (5 mins walking) Curium Palace Hotel - Venue.Larnaca Airport to Venue
- Step 1: From Larnaca Airport use the Limassol Airport Express coaches in order to reach Limassol city (Last bus stop "Saint George Havouzas" - shuttle bus stop). Please visit their webpage for more information and timetable: www.airportshuttlebus.eu.
- Step 2: Use public bus to reach the hotel venue. Please visit their webpage at: www.limassolbuses.com for routes and timetables.
- Step 1: Once you arrive at Paphos Airport, you can use the public bus route 613 to reach Pervola-Karavela Station. Please visit 'OSYPA Buses' website at www.pafosbuses.com to find map and timetable.
- Step 2: From Pervola-Karavela Station use the Public Bus Company 'Intercity Buses': www.intercity-buses.com to get to Limassol City (New Port Station).
- Step 3: At the New Port Station in Limassol you can hop on 'EMEL Buses' to reach your hotel. Please visit 'EMEL Buses' routes and timetable at: www.limassolbuses.com. Alternatively, you can get a taxi to drop you off to your hotel.
- Step 1: Once you arrive at Paphos Airport, you can take the direct service to Limassol (Ag. Georgios Havouzas bus stop); handled by Limassol Airport Express coaches. You may visit www.airportshuttlebus.eu to check the timetable that matches your flight.
- Step 2: Afterwards, you can hop on 'EMEL Buses' to reach your hotel. Please visit 'EMEL Buses' website at www.limassolbuses.com to find a route to your hotel.
- The voltage on the island is 240 Socket outlets are of flat 3 pin-type.
- English is the second language and is widely spoken. A greater Knowledge of French and German is increasingly noticeable.
- The currency of the Republic is the Euro.
- Banks in Cyprus open for the, public from 08:30 to 13:30 midday. Certain banks in tourist areas open during the afternoon.
- All types of medication are available in well stocked pharmacies all over Cyprus.
- Telephone : Cyprus automatic telephone dialing system reaches 206 countries. Telecards can be purchased from Post Offices, kiosks and souvenir shops.
- There are two international airports in Cyprus, at Larnaca and Pafos.
- The two main ports are in Lemesos and Larnaca.
- Around 30 airlines connect Cyprus directly with most European and Middle-East countries, which provide ongoing services to anywhere in the world.
- As from May 2004 Cyprus is a full member of the European Community.