Call for Tutorials
The goal of the IRFC 2013 Tutorials is to offer conference attendees a stimulating and informative selection of tutorials reflecting current topics in information retrieval and related areas. Proposals are invited for tutorials of half-day (3 hours plus breaks). Each tutorial should cover a single topic in detail on state-of-the-art methods in core information retrieval, related research or novel and emerging applications. (For a list of relevant topics see the Call for Papers webpage). The tutorials will take place on Monday, October 7th.
Submissions should include a cover sheet and an extended abstract. The cover sheet should specify:
- the title and length of the tutorial;
- the intended audience (introductory, intermediate, advanced) and prerequisite knowledge or skills required, if any;
- complete contact information for the contact person and other presenters;
- a brief biography (max. 2 paragraphs) for each presenter.
The extended abstract should be 1 to 2 pages, and should include:
- description of the course objectives;
- an outline of the tutorial content (along with citations);
- an indication of how the tutorial will be structured;
- any special requirements.
The deadline for submitting tutorial proposals is the 15th of July. Submissions to be sent in PDF format to Evangelos Kanoulas at firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject field "IRFC 2013 Tutorials". The submissions will undergo peer review and tutorials to be presented will be selected by a Program Committee. We anticipate notifications being sent on the 26th of July.
The MUMIA Cost Action will cover the cost for one speaker per tutorial (subject to reasonable upper limits and on a reimbursement basis).
- Tutorial submission: July 15th, 2013
- Tutorial notification: July 26th, 2013