Call for Papers
Submission is open.
Authors are invited to submit their original work that has not previously been submitted or published in any other venue. All papers need to be in IEEE CS format and submitted via EDAS. The paper length should not exceed 6 pages.
SMAP 2019 aims to address several issues of semantic and social multimedia technologies and their use in content creation, media adaptation and user profiling.
Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Content creation, annotation and modeling for semantic and social web
- Computational intelligence for media adaptation and personalization
- Semantics-driven indexing and retrieval of multimedia contents
- User modeling and dynamic profiling
- Ontologies and reasoning
- Multimedia standards
- Semantics-based recommender systems: theory and applications
- Recommender systems for mobile users
- Web adaptation methods and techniques
- Hybrid social and semantic approaches to profiling, recommendation engines or adaptation systems
- Social multimedia applications (livecasting, audio-video sharing)
- Social multimedia tagging and multimedia content communities
- User-generated content mechanisms
- Privacy/Security issues in Social and Personalized Media Applications
- Privacy preserving data mining and social networks
- Content customization and adaptation
- Semantic context modeling and extraction
- Context-aware multimedia applications
- Adaptive and personalized multimedia summaries
- Multilingual content navigation
- Intelligent personalized interfaces
- Social and semantic media collaboration platforms (e.g. semantic wikis)
- Social web economics and business
- Social network aggregation
- Social data analytics
- Social data mining
- Adaptive/Personalized conversational media
IEEE Xplore Compatibility
In order to ensure compatibility with IEEE Xplore, camera-ready papers need to be verified by the PDF eXpress system. Strict compliance is required for inclusion in IEEE Xplore, so please ensure that all the criteria are satisfied. It is so essential that you use the IEEE PDF eXpress Plus site to validate your papers.
Before Creating a PDF
• Add the copyright notice to the bottom of the first page of your source document.
• Proofread your source document thoroughly to confirm that it will require no revision.
Creating your PDF eXpress Account
Log in to the IEEE PDF eXpress Plus site
First-time users should do the following:
1. Select the New Users – Click Here link.
2. Enter the following:
• To be confirmed for the Conference ID
• your email address
• a password
3. Continue to enter information as prompted.
An Online confirmation will be displayed and an email confirmation will be sent verifying your
Previous users of PDF eXpress or IEEE PDF eXpress Plus need to follow the above steps, but should
enter the same password that was used for previous conferences. Verify that your contact
information is valid.
Contacting PDF eXpress Support
Access the Publications Support Center for IEEE PDF eXpress.
Details are to be confirmed
- The PDF camera-ready that includes the copyright notice in the footer and has been verified by PDF eXpress.
- A zip/rar file with the sources of the final version of the paper.
Please note that we need to receive your files by the camera ready deadline established, satisfying all the requirements, in order to meet the proceedings production deadlines.
Please, remember also the submission of the IEEE copyright form and your registration.