Call for Special Tracks proposals
GoodIT 2022 will feature special tracks whose aim is to focus on a specific topic of interest related to the overall scope of the conference.
We solicit proposals for special tracks to be held within the main conference and whose publications will be included in conference proceedings. Tracks proposals can focus on any contemporary themes that highlight social good aspects in the design, implementation, deployment, securing, and evaluation of IT technologies.
Special Track Proposal Format
A special track proposal must contain the following information:
- Title of the special track
- The names of the organizers (indicatively, two) with affiliations, contact information, and a single paragraph of a brief bio.
- A short description of the scope and topics of the track (max 1/2 page) and a brief explanation of: (1) why the topic is timely and important; (2) why the topic is related to the conference’s main theme; (3) why the track may attract a significant number of submissions of good quality.
- Indication if a journal special issue is associated with the track, possibly with information on the process of selecting papers.
- The plan to disseminate the call for papers of the special track for achieving a reasonable number of paper submissions (a list of emailing lists will help).
- A tentative program committee lists.
- A draft call for papers (max 1 page).
Papers submitted to each particular track have to satisfy the same criteria as for the main conference. They must be original works and must not have been previously published. They have to be peer-reviewed by the track’s Program Committee (at least three reviews per submitted paper are required). The final version of papers must follow the formatting instructions of the main conference (https://cyprusconferences.org/goodit2022/index.php/authors/). At least one of the authors of all accepted papers must register and present the work at the conference; otherwise, the paper will not be published in the proceedings. All accepted and presented papers will be included in the conference proceedings published in ACM Digital Library. The special track may provide an option for publishing the extended versions of selected papers in a special issue of a journal.
Special Track Proposal Submission Guidelines
The proposal should be submitted as a single PDF file to the special track chairs (see below) via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject of the e-mail must be: “GoodIT 2022 – special track proposal”. The special tracks chairs may ask proposers for supplying additional information during the review period.
- Proposal Submission Deadline: 13 December 2021
- Notification of Selection: 20 December 2021