ICAT -EGVE 2018 Final Call For Papers
Paper submission is closed!
Proceedings of ICAT-EGVE 2018 with accepted papers will be published in the Eurographics Digital Library and indexed in the ACM Digital Library.
The ICAT-EGVE 2018 conference will be held November 7th – 9th in Limassol, Cyprus. This is the merger of the 28th International Conference on Artificial Reality and Telexistence (ICAT 2018) and the 23rd Eurographics Symposium on Virtual Environments (EGVE 2018).
ICAT-EGVE 2018 seeks original, high-quality papers describing research, applications or systems in all areas of Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, Mixed Reality, Telexistence, and 3D User Interfaces. Research papers should describe results that contribute to advancements in the following areas:
- 3D interaction for VR/AR
- VR/AR systems and toolkits
- User studies and evaluation for VR/AR/MR
- Telexistence, Telepresence and Tele-immersion
- Haptics, audio, and other non-visual modalities
- Serious games and edutainment using VR/AR/MR
- Presence, cognition, and embodiment in VR/AR/MR
- Novel devices (both input and output) for VR, AR, MR, and haptics
- Multi-user and distributed VR, AR, tele-immersion and telepresence
- Immersive projection technologies and other advanced display technologies
Submissions in other related areas are welcome too.
- Paper submission: 20 July 2018 03 August 2018 (all deadlines: 23:59 AoE)
- Notification of results: 9 – 11 September 2018
- Camera-ready version: 8 October 2018
- Conference: 7–9 November 2018
Please visit http://icat-egve2018.rise.org.cy/call-for-papers/ for the most up-to-date submission instructions and deadlines.
The authors of the best papers (selected by the award committee) will be invited to submit an extended version of their paper to a special section at Computer & Graphics journal (confirmed) or Presence (tbc).
● Prof. Mel Slater, EVENT Lab, University of Barcelona
● Prof. Nadia Magnenat-Thalmann, MIRALab, University of Geneva & Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
● Tracy Spaight, Director of Special Projects, Wargaming.net
Full papers must be in English and not exceed eight (8) pages in length. Short papers must be in English and not exceed four (4) pages in length. Both full and short papers should be formatted using the Eurographics format . A sample LaTeX document and a Word template are available.
ICAT-EGVE uses a double-blind review process. Therefore, submissions should not contain information that unnecessarily identifies the authors or their institutions or places of work. All papers must be submitted electronically as PDF. Authors are encouraged to submit videos to aid the program committee in the review of their submissions.
Note: Submissions should be original, unpublished work, and should not be in submission to other venues concurrently. Any dual submissions will be rejected outright without review.
For each accepted paper a Full registration at the conference is needed and at least one of the authors of each accepted paper is required to present their paper at the conference for the paper to be included in the proceedings.
International Conference on Artificial Reality and Telexistence (ICAT) and Eurographics Symposium on Virtual Environments (EGVE) are two of the oldest international conferences in the world on Artificial Reality and Virtual Environments, and provide a unique opportunity for researchers, developers, and users to share their experience and knowledge of Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, Mixed Reality and 3D User Interfaces. ICAT-EGVE 2018 is a great opportunity to renew old friendships, make new ones, and experience all that Cyprus has to offer.
Limassol, a city counting centuries of history, is located between two of the most renowned ancient kingdoms of the island, Amathus at the east and Kourion at the west. “Lemessos” as it is called by locals, is one of the fastest growing modern metropolises in Europe, with the most distinct project being the Limassol Marina. The beautiful coastline now covers a 15 kilometers distance, lined with hotels and beach bars and cafes, interspersed with eucalyptus groves and linked by a promenade popular with walkers and joggers. For more information see here. ICAT-EGVE 2018 is organized by the newly established RISE-Research Center on Interactive media, Smart systems and Emerging technologies which aims to become a Center of Excellence and a hub across the three continents bordering Cyprus, facilitating thus the local scientific, technological, and economic growth of the region. More information about the center can be found here.
For matters related to paper submissions:
ICAT-EGVE 2018 Program Chairs: email@example.com
- Gerd Bruder, University of Central Florida, USA
- Shunsuke Yoshimoto, Osaka University, Japan
- Sue Cobb, University of Nottingham, UK
For general matters related to the conference:
ICAT-EGVE 2018 General Chairs: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Despina Michael-Grigoriou, Cyprus University of Technology & RISE Research Centre on Interactive Media Smart Systems and Emerging Technologies, Cyprus
- Sabine Coquillart, INRIA, France
- Anthony Steed, University College London, UK & RISE Research Centre on Interactive Media Smart Systems and Emerging Technologies, Cyprus
- Andreas Lanitis, Cyprus University of Technology & RISE Research Centre on Interactive Media Smart Systems and Emerging Technologies, Cyprus