Best Paper Award
The Best Paper Award Nomination Committee consisting of the General and Program Chairs has decided that the paper:
“On the Average State Complexity of Partial Derivative Transducers”
Stavros Konstantinidis, António Machiavelo, Nelma Moreira and Rogério Reis
will be awarded the SOFSEM’2020 Best Paper Award! Our warmest congratulations!
The conference proceedings are available via SpringerLink for a limited time period, click for more information
The page is password locked; if you misplaced the password please send us an email
Welcome to SOFSEM
46th International Conference on Current Trends in Theory and Practice of Computer Science
SOFSEM (SOFtware SEMinar) is an annual international winter conference devoted to the theory and practice of computer science. It presents the latest results and developments in academic and industrial research in leading areas of the field. The first SOFSEM was organized in 1974.
SOFSEM consists of invited talks by prominent researchers, of contributed talks selected from the submitted papers, and of the Student Research Forum. The program is organized in plenary talks and parallel tracks devoted to original research in the selected research areas. SOFSEM has a long-standing tradition of facilitating discussions and collegial interactions. It is well-known for its familiar and inspiring atmosphere and as a meeting place for active and leading computer scientists. SOFSEM is governed by the Steering Committee.
SOFSEM is a track – based conference. It features the traditional track on foundations of computer science and a number of other tracks that over the years have evolved to cover and address contemporary important areas, such as artificial intelligence, cryptography, security, verification, data science, knowledge engineering, social computing and human factors, software and web engineering, etc. The proceedings are published in the prestigious ARCoSS (Advanced Research in Computing and Software Science) subseries of Springer’s Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) series.
Best Paper Award
To support the authors an award of €1,000 in recognition of their outstanding work will be offered, graciously sponsored by Springer.
- SOFSEM 2019 January 27– 30, 2019, Nový Smokovec, Slovakia
- SOFSEM 2018 January 29– February 2, 2018, Krems an der Donau, Austria
- SOFSEM 2017 January 17 – 20, 2016, Lero – Limerick, Ireland
- SOFSEM 2016 January 23 – 28, 2016, Harrachov, Czech Republic
- SOFSEM 2015 January 24 – 29, 2015, Pec pod Sněžkou, Czech Republic
- SOFSEM 2014 January 25 – 30, 2014, High Tatras, Slovak Repubic
- SOFSEM 2013 January 26 – 31, 2013, Špindlerův Mlýn, Czech Republic
- SOFSEM 2012 January 21 – 27, 2012, Špindlerův Mlýn, Czech Republic
- SOFSEM 2011 January 22 – 28, 2011, High Tatras, Slovak Republic
- SOFSEM 2010 January 23 – 29, 2010, Špindlerův Mlýn, Czech Republic
- SOFSEM 2009 January 24 – 30, 2009, Špindlerův Mlýn, Czech Republic
- SOFSEM 2008 January 19 – 25, 2008, High Tatras, Slovak Republic
- SOFSEM 2007 January 20 – 26, 2007, Harrachov, Czech Republic
- SOFSEM 2006 January 21 – 27, 2006, Měřín, Czech Republic
- SOFSEM 2005 January 22 – 28, 2005, Liptovský Ján, Slovak Republic
- SOFSEM 2004 January 24 – 30, 2004, Měřín, Czech Republic
- SOFSEM 2002 November 22 – 29, 2002, Milovy, Czech Republic
- SOFSEM 2001 November 24 – December 1, 2001, Piešťany, Slovak Republic
- SOFSEM 2000 November 25 – December 2, 2000, Milovy, Czech Republic