Cyprus is served by two International Airports; Larnaca International Airport, (LCA) and Paphos International Airport, (PFO). More than 50 International Airlines connect Cyprus to the whole world; for more details regarding flights to/from Cyprus, please visit the official website of both airports at http://www.hermesairports.com. Furthermore, domestic communication between both airports and all the major cities on the island is very quick and easy via the extensive highway system.
Please note that participants have the following options for their transfers from /to the airport:
Private Taxi Transfers
Arrange for transfers by taxi through the conference coordinator, EasyConferences. These transfers are bookable online through www.easyconferences.org. These transfers can be private (max 3 persons) or shared, are inclusive of meet and assist, and the service is guaranteed.
Note: There will be a person waiting for you after Customs Formalities with a sign stating the conference name. You simply need to tell your name to the taxi driver, so that he can escort you to your taxi for you trip to your hotel.
Participants may get an airport taxi on arrival at the airport. Service is generally very good, but at times one may have to wait and prices may vary depending on the time of arrival.
Participants may opt to hire a car during their stay, and thus use it for their airport transfers. Cars may be reserved through the conference coordinator, EasyConferences at special conference rates and are bookable online through www.easyconferences.org.
Note: On arrival please proceed to the booth of ‘Astra Car Rental’ company and the staff there (present 24/7) will be able to assist you. You do not need a voucher. Simply mention your name and provide them with your driving license.
The booth of ‘Astra Car Rental’ Company is located at:
- Larnaca Airport: after the exit Custom Formalities, opposite you, slightly to the left.
- Paphos Airport: opposite you as soon as you exit Custom Formalities.
Please note that the Car Hire Daily Rates are valid for 24 hours. Each daily rental period starts from the moment that the car is picked up and is valid for 24 hours after that. In case that a car is kept for a period exceeding 24 hours then the renter will be charged for an additional day.
Cars picked up from either Larnaca or Paphos airports in Cyprus are subject to an Airport Charge of 20 Euro to be paid locally.
Please note that Cyprus has a comprehensive public bus network, with extensive inner-city routes and also major city and airport connections. You can find more information at Cyprusbybus.com. If you require specific information, please click here and select your desired city.
Larnaca Airport to Nicosia
- Step 1: From Larnaca Airport use Kapnos Airport coaches (35 minutes approximately) in order to reach Nicosia city (Kyrenias Avenue). Please visit Kapnos Airport Shuttle webpage for more information and check timetable that matches your flight.
- Step 2: From Nicosia (Kyrenias Avenue) use the Nicosia Public Buses to find a route to your accommodation hotel. Please visit their webpage (OSEL) or Cyprus By Bus webpage for routes and timetables. Alternatively, you can get a taxi to drop you off to your hotel.
- Step 1: Once you arrive at Larnaca Airport, you can use the Larnaca Bus Route 425(Zinonas Buses) to get from Larnaca Airport to Finikoudes Station. Please visit Zinonas Buses webpage for more details (Route).
- Step 2: From Finikoudes Station use the Nicosia Intercity Bus to reach Nicosia. Please visit Intercity Buses webpagefor more details.
- Step 3: From Nicosia use the Nicosia Public Buses to find a route to your accommodation hotel. Please visit their webpage (OSEL) or Cyprus By Bus webpagefor routes and timetables. Alternatively, you can get a taxi to drop you off to your hotel.
Paphos Airport to Nicosia
- Step 1: From Paphos Airport use the Kapnos Airport coaches (105 minutes approximately) in order to reach Nicosia city (Kyrenias Avenue). Please visit Kapnos Airport Shuttle webpagefor more details.
- Step 2: From Nicosia (Kyrenias Avenue) use the Nicosia Public Buses to find a route to your accommodation hotel. Please visit their webpage (OSEL) or Cyprus By Bus webpagefor routes and timetables. Alternatively, you can get a taxi to drop you off to your hotel.
Visa Requirements / Important note for travelers
As Cyprus is a candidate country bound to join the Schengen Area, Residents of non-EU countries who hold valid multiple-entry Schengen visas must first pass through a full Schengen member territory in order to utilize the visa in Cyprus. The Schengen Visa holder is allowed to travel to Cyprus directly from a Schengen member country without applying for a National Cypriot visa and stay in the Republic of Cyprus for the duration of their Schengen visa.
The above arrangements do not apply for persons holding a Turkish or Azerbaijani passport. If you are affected, please visit the Cyprus Ministry of Foreign Affairs website on how to apply for a Cyprus Visa.
For further information, please check the European Commission website regarding Schengen Visas.
Where Visas are being issued
Visas will be issued by all the Diplomatic Missions (Embassies and General Consulates) of the Republic of Cyprus, and by all the Honorary Consulates of the Republic of Cyprus abroad in their respective countries. Additionally visas can also be issued by the British High Commissions / Embassies in the following countries:
ARGENTINE REPUBLIC, BAHREIN, HONG KONG, JAPAN, JORDAN, KAZAKHSTAN, KUWAIT, OMAN, SWITZERLAND, SUDAN, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES (ABU DHABI, DUBAI) and UZBEKISTAN.
For the latest information please visit the Ministry of Foreign Affairs website.
- The voltage on the island is 240 Socket outlets are of flat 3 pin-type.
- English is the second language and is widely spoken. A greater Knowledge of French and German is increasingly noticeable.
- The currency of the Republic is the Euro.
- Banks in Cyprus open for the, public from 08:30 to 13:30 midday. Certain banks in tourist areas open during the afternoon.
- All types of medication are available in well stocked pharmacies all over Cyprus.
- Telephone: Cyprus automatic telephone dialing system reaches 206 countries. Telecards can be purchased from Post Offices, kiosks and souvenir shops.
- There are two international airports in Cyprus, at Larnaca and Pafos.
- The two main ports are in Lemesos and Larnaca.
- Around 30 airlines connect Cyprus directly with most European and Middle-East countries, which provide ongoing services to anywhere in the world.
- As from May 2004 Cyprus is a full member of the European Community.
|From||To||Distance in km/miles||Distance in minutes|
|Larnaca Airport (LCA)||Nicosia City||52 km (32.4mi)||35 min|
|Limassol City||67 km (41.7mi)||45 min|
|Larnaca City||6.5 km (4mi)||10 min|
|Paphos City||133 km (82.5mi)||1h 20min|
|Protaras Town||67 km (41.9mi)||45 min|
|Agia Napa Town||58 km (36.1mi)||40 min|
|Coral Bay Area||142km (88.1mi)||1h 35min|
|Troodos Square||110km (68.6mi)||1h 25min|
|Paphos Airport (PFO)||Nicosia City||145 km (90.3mi)||1h 40 min|
|Limassol City||62 km (38.7mi)||45 min|
|Larnaca City||131 km (81.7mi)||1h 30min|
|Paphos City||10 km (6 mi)||20 min|
|Protaras Town||182 km (113.5mi)||2h|
|Agia Napa Town||173 km (139 mi)||1h 50min|
|Coral Bay Area||24 km (14.6 mi)||30 min|
|Troodos Square||61 km (37.4 mi)||1h 15min|