Call for Research Projects Exhibition
CAiSE 2024 features a Research Project Exhibition (RPE@CAiSE’24) where researchers and practitioners can present their ongoing research projects (e.g., H2020, Horizon Europe, ERC projects or national grants) in the context of Information Systems Engineering. The main objective of this call is to serve as a forum where presenters can disseminate the intermediate results of their projects or get feedback about research project proposals being developed. The exhibition will also provide a warm environment to find potential research partners, foster existing relationships, and discuss research ideas.
To participate in the RPE@CAiSE’24, the authors should submit a short paper (5-8 pages) showcasing the project, including the participants, the main objectives of the project and relevant results obtained so far (or expected results in the case of project proposals). Each submission will be peer-reviewed on the relevance of the submitted paper in the context of CAiSE’24. If the paper is accepted, the authors will be invited to register for the conference to present their work at the Research Projects Exhibition session at CAiSE 2024.
The accepted contributions will be proposed for publication by CEUR proceedings using the 1-column CEUR-ART style. In addition, the authors of the most influential project presented at the RPE@CAiSE’24 will receive an award distinguishing their contribution as the “Most Influential Project of the Research Project Exhibition @CAiSE’24”.
Research Projects Requirements
For the Research Projects Exhibition, we solicit submissions of projects related to the topics of CAiSE that meet the following criteria:
- Projects funded by the European Union, by national or local funding organisations, or even by individual universities and industries.
- Projects focused on fundamental research, applied research or more industry-oriented.
- Research projects carried out by an international consortium of partners or by a national research team.
- Research statements for future projects concerning the Information Systems Engineering community.
Papers should be submitted via Easychair (https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=caise2024) by selecting the “Research Projects Exhibition”. Each submission of a research project should include
- Project’s full name, acronym, duration (from-to), participants, funding agency and URL.
- Names of presenter(s) and main contributors.
- Abstract and keywords.
- Summary of project objectives and expected tangible outputs.
- The relevance of the project (or one of its work packages) to the topics of the International Conference on Advanced Information Systems Engineering.
- If the project is ongoing: summary of current status and intermediate results.
All submissions should be 5 to 8 pages long and be formatted as a 1-column CEUR-ART style (templates available at https://ceur-ws.org/Vol-XXX/). An intention to submit should be performed one week before the deadline, including the full name of the project, the authors’ name and the abstract.
Each submission will be reviewed by at least two members of the Program Committee. In case of disagreement, a third member of the Program Committee will review the submission. The Program Committee will comprise international researchers with expertise in the field.
Attendance and presentation
During the Research Projects Exhibition session, the authors of accepted contributions will present the research project. Details about the format of the session and instructions to prepare the presentation will be given to authors after the acceptance notification. At least one author of each submission accepted for the Research Projects Exhibition must register and attend the conference to present the work. The author needs a full registration to present the research project.
Research Projects Exhibition Chairs
- Raimundas Matulevičius, University of Tartu, Estonia
- Henderik A. Proper, TU Wien, Austria
|Intention to Submit:
|1st April, 2024
|8th April, 2024
|Notification of Acceptance:
|22nd April, 2024
|13th May, 2024
|1st May 2024
|3rd-7th June 2024