Call for Journal First
CAiSE 2024 is organising journal-first sessions as part of the scientific program. The aim of these sessions is to disseminate recent important research contributions and spark discussions between authors and researchers in the CAiSE community. Authors of selected journal articles on CAiSE-related topics will be invited to present their work at the conference.
For the journal-first sessions, we solicit submissions related to articles that have been accepted for publication by a reputable journal and that meet the following criteria:
- The article relates to the topics of the CAiSE conference and the recent call for papers.
- The article is an original submission to the journal and not an extension of an earlier conference or workshop paper.
- The article is an original research article; review articles or commentaries will not be considered.
- The article was accepted for publication by a journal on or after 1 January 2023, the acceptance must have been publicly announced, the article must be available at the publisher’s website (e.g., as “articles in advance” or published on a journal’s website), and the article must be written in English.
- The article has not been presented at, and is not under consideration for, journal-first tracks of other conferences.
Accepted submissions will be presented as part of the CAiSE 2024 scientific programme.
Submissions must be done electronically via Easychair (https://easychair.org/my/conference?conf=caise2024) and include:
- Title and author information of the article.
- The original abstract and keywords.
- DOI of the original publication or, alternatively, a link to the publication at the journal’s website.
All submissions will be reviewed by the track chairs with the aim to accept all qualifying submissions subject to ability to accommodate them in the program. If needed, priority will be given to submissions according to their topical fit with the scope of the conference, the importance of the contribution, as well as the standing of the respective journal (including, but not limited to, the journal’s impact factor and ranking results).
ATTENDANCE AND PRESENTATION
At least one author of each submission accepted for the journal-first track must register and attend the conference to present the work. The author needs a full registration to present the journal article. As the articles of the journal-first track have been published already, they will not be part of the CAiSE 2024 proceedings. The articles will be listed in the conference program and CAiSE 2024 participants will have access to the respective abstracts and a pointer to the original journal article.
- Submission: 31st March, 2024 (AoE)
- Notification of Acceptance: 14th April, 2024
- Author Registration: 1st May, 2024
- Conference Dates: 3rd-7th June, 2024
JOURNAL FIRST CHAIRS
- Paolo Giorgini, University of Trento, Italy
- Jeffrey Parsons, Memorial University of Newfoundland, Canada