Welcome to the 45th European Conference on Visual Perception that will take place in Paphos, Cyprus, from Sunday, 27th to Thursday, 31st of August, 2023.
The ECVP is an annual international conference that aims to provide a forum for presenting and discussing new developments in the disciplines of Psychology, Neuroscience, and Cognitive Sciences related to the scientific study of visual perception. Empirical, theoretical, and applied perspectives are all encouraged.
Since 1978, the ECVP has been a unique and lively conference that attracts annually around 700 to 900 researchers from Europe, North America, and the Asian-Pacific region making it one of the largest international conferences in the field.
Every year, the ECVP happens in a different European country and is hosted by a local organizing committee. This year, the ECVP will be hosted by the University of Cyprus & the Cyprus International Institute of Management (and soon to be University of Limassol) in the city of Paphos, located on the beautiful island of Cyprus. The sun-soaked beaches of Paphos, its cultural and natural treasures, the charming villages, and its passionate people make Paphos an attractive and popular tourist destination with so much to discover. Paphos has an international airport; one can move around the town by local buses or taxis. If you plan to attend this year’s ECVP, we strongly encourage you to make all necessary arrangements early on.
The meeting provides a mixture of talks and poster presentations, symposia, tutorials, and a demo and illusion night. Please note that this year’s ECVP will only be an in-person meeting. The social program includes a welcome reception, the ECVP dinner (separate registration at an extra cost), and a farewell party. Submissions are encouraged from scientists at all levels through an open-call process, whether established, early career, post-doctoral, or student researchers. As in previous years, abstracts are peer-reviewed and, if accepted, are published by SAGE in the journal Perception. The organizers would like to acknowledge the continued support of SAGE in sponsoring the Perception Lecture and publishing the abstracts in an open-access format. Details on past meetings can be found at http://ecvp.eu.
Details of the conference and social events are available on this website or will be added later.
We invite you to submit your abstracts for this year’s ECVP, and we look forward to an exciting and inspiring ECVP in Paphos!
Dr. Kyriaki Mikellidou and Prof. Marios Avraamides, on behalf of the organizing committee.
- Email for with important information on poster presentations has been sent to all poster presenters. Click here to view the email.
- An Important information email has been sent to all participants (please check your junk/spam folder). Click here to view the email.
- Talk session’s presentations will last for 15 minutes – 12 min presentation and 3 min Q &A
- Student Travel Grants notifications have been sent to successful applicants.
- Tutorial submission deadline has been extended to 15 May, 2023
- Check the keynote speakers of conference here!
- Abstract Submission deadline has been extended to 17 March, 2023.
- Check the Student Travel Grant & Tom Troscianko Grant for For Adventurous Traveller
- Register & Submit your abstract!
- ECVP 2023 website launched: 25 August, 2022
- Call for Illusion & Demo Night Demonstrations: 01st April – 15th May 2023 (extended 15 July 2023)
- Abstract acceptance notification: 30th July
- Call for Tutorials: 01st March – 15th April 2023 (extended 15 May. 2023)
- Call for abstracts: 16th January 2023 – 1st March 2023 (extended 17 March, 2023)
- Abstract acceptance notification: 14th April
- Call for Symposia Proposals: 1st November 2022– 16th January 2023
- Symposia notification: 6th February 2023
Conference Program & Platform
Click here for more info
Promoting Scientific discussion for Talk & Poster sessions via MATTERMOST
Information about the satellite conference Visual Science of Art Conference (VSAC) can be found at: https://www.vsac2023.eu/
VSAC 2023 will be held in Nicosia on 24-26 August, 2023
Paradox Museum will be with us in the Demo & Illusion Night!
Visit the Paradox Museum with a discount
(use code: ECVP2023)
Tickets are available here: https://www.paradoxmuseumlimassol.com/en/buy-tickets/